As part of Leiden University we continuously research the application and evolution of agile methods in practice. Through research and co-creation with our partners we strive to contribute to scientific understanding of agile methods in practice. We help public and private organizations to excel through action research. Our current, non-exclusive list of research themes includes: multi-project governance, contracting, process improvement and serious games.
Governance and Strategy
Project and Portfolio Management
- T. Offerman, C.J. Stettina, A. Plaat (2017). Business Capabilities: A Systematic Literature Review and a Research Agenda.
- Business Capabilities: A Systematic Literature Review and a Research Agenda Tyron Offerman1,2 , Christoph Johann Stettina1,3 , and Aske Plaat1
- P. den Heijer, W. Koole, C.J. Stettina, (2017). Don't Forget to Breathe: A Controlled Trial of Mindfulness Practices in Agile Project Teams, International Conference on Agile Software Development (pp. 103-118), Springer.
- C.J. Stettina, M.N.W. Smit, (2016). Team Portfolio Scrum: An Action Research on Multitasking in Multi-project Scrum Teams, International Conference on Agile Software Development (pp. 79-91), Springer.
- R. Huayller, C.J. Stettina, M. von Ketelhodt, B. Katzy, (2015). The Kindergarten of Entrepreneurship: Developing Entrepreneurial Spirit and Skills through Community Building at Universities, 2015 IEEE Int. Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation/Int. Technology Management (ICE/ITM), IEEE.
- C.J. Stettina, J. Hörz, (2014). Agile portfolio management: An empirical perspective on the practice in use, Int. J. Proj. Manag. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1016/j.ijproman.2014.03.008
- Zijdemans, S. H., & Stettina, C. J. (2014). Contracting in agile software projects: state of art and how to understand it. In Agile Processes in Software Engineering and Extreme Programming (pp. 78-93). Springer International Publishing.
- Medik, V. L., & Stettina, C. J. (2014, June). Towards responsible workplace innovation: The rise of NWW in public knowledge organizations and their impact on governance. In Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE), 2014 International ICE Conference on (pp. 1-9). IEEE.
- Stettina, C. J., Zhou, Z., Back, T., & Katzy, B. (2013, May). Academic education of software engineering practices: towards planning and improving capstone courses based upon intensive coaching and team routines. In Software Engineering Education and Training (CSEE&T), 2013 IEEE 26th Conference on (pp. 169-178). IEEE.
- Stettina, C. J., & Kroon, E. (2013, June). Is There an Agile Handover? An Empirical Study of Documentation and Project Handover Practices Across Agile Software Teams. In 19th ICE & IEEEITMC International Conference, The Hague, Netherlands.
- Stettina, C. J., Heijstek, W., & Fægri, T. E. (2012, August). Documentation work in agile teams: The role of documentation formalism in achieving a sustainable practice. In Agile Conference (AGILE), 2012 (pp. 31-40). IEEE.
- Stettina, C. J., Groenewegen, L. P., & Katzy, B. R. (2012). Towards flexibility and dynamic coordination in computer-interpretable enterprise process models. In Enterprise Interoperability V (pp. 105-115). Springer London.
- Stettina, C. J., & Heijstek, W. (2011). Five agile factors: Helping self-management to self-reflect. In Systems, Software and Service Process Improvement (pp. 84-96). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.
- Stettina, C. J., & Heijstek, W. (2011, October). Necessary and neglected?: an empirical study of internal documentation in agile software development teams. In Proceedings of the 29th ACM international conference on Design of communication (pp. 159-166). ACM.
- Katzy, B. R., Stettina, C. J., Groenewegen, L. P., & de Groot, M. J. (2011, June). Managing weak ties in collaborative work. In Concurrent Enterprising (ICE), 2011 17th International Conference on (pp. 1-9). IEEE.
- Stettina, C. J., Groenewegen, L. P., & Katzy, B. R. (2011). Structuring Medical Agility. In HEALTHINF (pp. 614-617).